Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happiness-An Uniterative Facet Of Life

How often do we come across situations where we try to wear an artificial smile but deep down find no cord to connect with it. We feel like sulking, crying or being angry but also fail in bringing out these natural emotions. But,when our soul is happy, we are happy. Everything around us seems to be exciting and even the daily mundane activities in life hold some significance. Well, I sometimes come across situations where there is no apparent reason for me to be unhappy but, I still don't want to be happy. Is happiness related to an external factor or some abstract driving force in nature? Happiness, just like medicines, have to be injected to provide tranquility to the soul. Once the soul gulps down the doze of happiness, life seems amazing, even if, for a brief period of time. Sometimes, I feel it takes some effort on my part to be happy but, why not? Life is really short and since it it is mostly plagued by rough waters,why not remain afloat for one more day, by just being happy. The  one possible method of filling the void created by no feelings could be filled in by activities which keep us busy. This way we at least prevent our mind from turning into a devil's workshop. My dad keeps saying that if I try to be happy the world will be happy and vice-verse. I guess, somewhere his words have a lot of meaning. But, I know, somewhere in the corner of my mind that if I keep waiting for a positive incident to bring happiness in my life, I'll soon be doomed!  Life is a weird combination of positive and negative incidents and it is up to us to remain happy all through. Happiness definitely doesn't iterate but who says it can't persist!

No comments:

Post a Comment