Saturday, November 5, 2011

Books-A Constructive Indulgence

Moving away from my garden was the last thing I wanted but,in reality,a majority of  things in life are ineviatble.Well,since I am a student living away from home,every time I have to leave,my plants actually hold me back.But my mom is incharge of my garden until I get back and so I can be relieved.To take my mind away from this obsession or love for my plants,whatever it may be,I have started reading books and I must say that they can be really soothing for the mind.When I am reading the first few pages I feel like a light sleeper,who is pretty much aware of his surroundings but, after the next few pages I feel like I am travelling through this amazing world where characters actually come alive and start making sense to me.And believe me,if the story doesn't unfold in the manner I want it to,the entire day seems gloomy and everything seems sad.I many a times feel I have gone crazy but, hey!books  ultimately create this wonderful atmosphere which absorbs you deeper and deeper as you latch on to it.Secondly all the daily activities seem all the more monotonous and boring.I feel,books are like muses,once you are done with one the next is waiting to entice you.I must say that as we grow older everything in life has a hidden meaning and that we just need to discover it.When I was younger,I definitely read books but didn't really understand what inner power they had.I guess,with maturity comes 'meaning' and I am happy to have become an avid reader.

2 comments:

  1. Awsome read... I think you should become an author too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sir.. You write whatever a person wants to hear.... this is what writers do ryt???!!! :))

    ReplyDelete